Spring is slowly starting to show here on the homestead. It’s arrival heralds a great many projects in need of attention. All of our snow is gone now, and we have been seeing temperatures in the sixties. As soon as the nights come out above freezing the plants will be going in. This year we will be delving into calorie crops a bit more with the addition of potatoes and onions to the gardens. Another addition that will be going in are blueberry bushes. I’m also planning some interesting things with hanging crops, and tomatoes. Stay tuned for those.
Blogs I Follow
- Bill Leedy
- Hermetic Mountain
- Misty Meadows Homestead & more!
- Appalachian Prospectors Gold Prospecting Adventures
- Bealtaine Cottage ~ The Oldest Independent, Permaculture Smallholding in Ireland! Conceived, Designed, Planted and Worked by One Woman!
- The Blue Bus Journey
- Handy Granny in da Woods
- Floyd Family Homestead
- Airstream Moho-A-Go-Go
- Life in a Three Ring Circus
- As Home As Possible: Blog
- Goldenrod Homestead
- © lilredhomestead.com, 2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to lilredhomestead.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.