Planting what didn’t sell, and lessons learned. 

I’ve decided it’s time to plant the plants that didn’t sell. There are probably a dozen basil and dill plants left. Not too bad, but there is a lesson. This year I planted what I thought would sell. For the most part it worked out, but I can’t really abide having leftovers. 

Thankfully I’ve got the two new beds that reall aren’t going to be used until next season to house the overflow. 

Here’s the after. This time around I turned the kids loose. I told them to plant whatever wherever. Let me tell you, they had a blast. 


We ended up adding about 50 more plants. I’m very happy with the result. 

At the moment the plan for next year is to find people to grow for, and grow to order. Lots of things to work out so far. I also plan to transfer the greenhouse away from the common stuff that anyone can get at a box store, and into some less common perennials.  

Until next time…

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Regular posts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s