Good morning. Today we continue on with the chicken office. With the morning chores out of the way it’s time for some breakfast. Blueberry currant muffins from our own gardens. It’s a new recipe I’m trying, so the fingers are crossed. The one I tried last year was akin to a crumpet, which dried our moths out looking at them. The good news is there is still one more batch at least on the bush so if this ones not great we can try again. This recipe is a keeper. The muffins lasted about five minutes in the ring with hungry kids. They love currants, and I love that they do. After some TV watching with the chickens, I know it’s a bad habit to get them into. We are off to the office. Today we do the cross sections that will give support to the structure. I’ve switched to the skill saw for these because I’m quickly running out of time today. The pieces are slowly beginning to come together I’m not going to assemble it this time until I have all the components complete.And just like that. All the cutting, except for some finish work and the entry way is done. Tomorrow we put it together. For now though it is time to say good bye once more. Until next time…
Blogs I Follow
- Creative Gardens
- Bill Leedy
- Hermetic Mountain
- Misty Meadows Homestead & more!
- Appalachian Prospectors Gold Prospecting Adventures
- Bealtaine Cottage ~ 14 years of Goddess Permaculture in the West of Ireland
- The Blue Bus Journey
- Handy Granny in da Woods
- Floyd Family Homestead
- Airstream Moho-A-Go-Go
- Life in a Three Ring Circus
- As Home As Possible: Blog
- © lilredhomestead.com, 2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to lilredhomestead.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.